Univ.-Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schöner
Ao. Univ.-Prof.in Dr.in Sigrid Thaller
Chair of the curia of the professors:
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Markus Tilp
Vice-chair of the curia of the professors:
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Tobias Stern
§ 11 Faculty board
(1) The faculty must establish a faculty board with a maximum of 42 members. About the change of the size of the faculty board decides the faculty board via a two-third’s majority. The faculty board comprises:
- Representatives of the group of university professors;
- Representatives of the group of university lecturers as well as scholarly staff within teaching and research as half of the members under Z.1;
- Representatives of the students as half of the members under Z.1;
- Two representatives of the administrative staff.
The election procedure for the election of the members of the senate has to be applied by analogy for the faculty…
(2) The period of function of the faculty board comprises two academic years and concludes strictly on the 30th of September. If the newly elected faculty board cannot take up its operation on the 1st of October of the following winter term, the period of function of the present faculty board will be prolonged for three months at the longest.
(3) The tasks of the faculty board are in particular
- Statement of the suggestion for the election of the dean and vice-dean,
- Present a suggestion for the election of the dean and vice-dean of studies,
- Guidance of the dean especially for the tasks under § 6 Abs. 4,
- Discussion concerning the overview of resources, once per semester,
- Guidance of the faculty leadership especially in terms of teaching and study and research matters, internationalisation, appointments and post-doctorate studies (habilitations), as well as gender mainstreaming,
- Providing for collective bargaining agreements and discussions
- Install an advisory board for suggestions concerning the support(ing) of young academics/scholars and measures for staff development; the faculty board enact detailed regulations,
- Install a mediation board for inter-faculty conflicts under § 21.
(4) The faculty board can, in certain cases, submit a written report to the rectorate or the senate in reasonable cases.