Environmental and Global Change, EGC
This field of research focuses on the research and supervision of climate and environmental change and its effects, the analysis of the role of mankind as well as the demonstration of new means towards sustainable regional development and innovation. The primary region of study is Austria embedded within a European and finally, a globally oriented research periphery, as well as common basic environmental research systems.
The inter-university emphasis “environmental and global change” comprises about 20 groups of researchers from climate and environmental physics, meteorology, environmental chemistry, hydrogeology, environmental biology, ecology and evolution research, environmental economy, environmental sociology and psychology, geography and regional research, system sciences and sustainability research, external environmental research in Graz: sun system and cosmic space, environmental ethics and environmental law together.
The scientific works and projects concentrate on five fields of research:
- GlobEOS (Global Earth Observation and Stewardship) is concerned with global earth observing and earth stewardship within the context of climate and environmental change.
- RegIMOS (Regional Integrated Modeling and Studies) is concerned with regional integrated modeling as well as studies into climate and environmental change.
- EnviSYS (Changing Ecosystems and Earth-external Environmental Systems) comprises research on earth’s ecosystems and dynamic earth-external environmental systems.
- GreenPROTEC (Green Processes and Technologies) deals with processes and technologies which cope with climate and environmental change.
- RegiKNOWS (Regional Changes Research and Knowledge Transfer for Sustainability) comprises research into dynamic regions and Knowledge Transfer for Sustainability.
In 2005 the University of Graz established the Wegener Centre for Climate and Global Change to pool the available expertise. The groups of this research core area participate in numerous projects to contribute to international cutting edge research and publish in topranked journals
More Information: http://umwelt.uni-graz.at/en/
Karl SteiningerInstitut für Volkswirtschaftslehre
Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre