Recognition and Transferral of Credits for Certifications
Recognitions for Examinations are based on § 78 UG 2002 and § 63 (9) UG 2002.
- The application must be made via UNIGRAZonline (business card UNIGRAZonline – Recognition/Supplement for Certifications – New Recognition). Please consider that recognitions and supplements for certifications are different applications and are thus, not linked to one another.
- Following the inputting of the records into UNIGRAZonline, a print-out of the UNIGRAZonline page where the inputtal was concluded (will be a .pdf file) must be submitted to the dean’s office. Please also bring originals of the certificates for courses being submitted, so that they may be copied and attached to your request form.
- Regarding content-related questions on recognitions, please contact the chair of the curricula-commission (CuKo-chair) of your field of study (The chair of the curricula-commission and their office hours can be found within UNIGRAZonline under “Top Management” – “Senate” – “Curricula-Commissions”.)
- Regarding questions on the inputting of the application, please contact Bettina Hötzl.
Internal working process
- After submittal of the recognition application at the dean’s office, the application will be checked and recorded.
- The notification will be then forwarded will be put forward to the CuKo-chair.
- up to 2 months
Collection of the notification
- Upon response from the CuKo chair, the student will be notified via UniGraz Email, and requested to appear at the Dean’s office to sign off on the recognition application.
- A subsequent change of a decision is NOT possible. For more information, please see the instruction on the right to Appeal on your notification.
- The Credit Addendum facilitates the collection of results of examinations for courses, taken at the University of Graz, that are not recognized within the student’s examination results or transcript of records.
- The input will be made via your business card in UNIGRAZonline (Recognition/Supplements for Certifications). Please consider that recognitions and supplements for certifications are different applications and not linked to each other. Click on “New” and follow the prompts.
Confirmation / Recognition
- To allow for your input to be confirmed, please bring your original certification to the Dean’s office of the URBi-Faculty.
- After submission of the original certification to the Dean’s office the input will be confirmed within the next two to three working days.
Print-out of the certification
- After the completed supplement for certification, the examination is not shown within your examination results, however appears on your transcript of records. Thus, you cannot print out your certification for this examination.
Transfer Credit Guide for accreditation of examinations taken at the University of Graz
Transfer Credit Guide for accreditation of examinations taken at other educational institutions