Regionalentwicklung/ Regional Development
The URBI Faculty covers four academic disciplines: Education, Sports Science, Geography and Environmental Systems Science. The faculty is divided into a total of six institutes and three centers, with 500 employees and around 5000 students.
In research, teaching and social development, we are guided by the following central questions: What kind of society do we want to live in? And how can we create a positive future for people and the environment while promoting diversity of our opportunity?
We work on current social issues of our time in the areas of:
- Education - Social integration - Migration - Teacher training
- Exercise - Sport - Health
- Urban and regional development - Sustainability - Globalization - Water balance - Natural hazards
- Environment - Climate change - Transformation - Innovation
We conduct interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research, are internationally networked, and are committed to high academic and scientific standards. Our research- and practice-oriented teaching is designed to enable students to work scientifically, think critically and to engage in responsible decision making.
We stand for:
- excellent and socially relevant research and teaching
- Inter- and transdisciplinarity and internationality
- the highest academic quality and integrity
- participation, self-determination, responsibility and mutual respect.